202. Classical Chinese Medicine Patterns and Syndromes
In this level, students learn the rich and detailed tapestry of human wellness through an in-depth study of Etiology, the discernment of External Pernicious Influences, the Internal Endogenous Causes of Dis-ease, and the Five Fundamental Substances and Spiritual Essensces. These topics are covered through a lively combination of guided meditation, selected readings, lecture and discussion. In addition, tongue and pulse Assessment are introduced as tools for discernment of signs and symptoms. Practical discovery of the various patterns and etiologies as well as effective clinical strategies for treatment are explored. Much time is given to Supervised Clinical Practice throughout this level leading to a refinement of skill and increasing treatment room confidence.
- Supervised Clinical Practice
- Pattern Discernment Through Tongue and Pulse Assessment
- Sharpening Clinical Note taking skills
- Fundamental Substances
- Causes of Disease
- Common Patterns and their treatment